Welcome to Day 1 of the #GrowYourInsta Challenge!
Today’s lesson might seem like a no brainer, but stick with me here. Instagram is a visual platform (duh, Amie), so in order to set yourself apart from the crowd, you MUST have high quality photos.
But, this doesn’t mean you need to have a fancy camera or hire a photographer. You can take amazing photos AND edit them, right with your phone!
Here are a few tips on how to take great Instagram photos, right from your phone:
- Pay attention to lighting: the best lighting is generally at sunrise and sunset when the light is softer. This is especially important for self portrait or lifestyle photos.
- You can also google how to make a DIY light box, which is an incredible tool for food photos and usually only costs around 15 bucks. or look this up on Pinterest!
- Try various angles (overhead, up close, horizontal, etc)
- Buy a few inexpensive backdrops or props, plates, etc. that you can use in your photos to keep things consistent
- Don't be afraid to posts pictures of YOU! Remember that people want to know who the face behind the brand is (and these don't have to be selfies either!)
- Edit your photos before posting! You can do this right within the IG app. Other editing apps I like are: VSCO, Snapseed, and FaceTune
Now that you know how to take great photos and edit them like a boss, you might be wondering...
WHY are great photos important to grow your Instagram account? Watch today’s live stream to find out!
***Today's live stream line up:***
Amie from @Rebellenutrition (Me!): 2PM PST
All live streams will be held inside the private Facebook group!
P.S. Did you use these tips to up your IG photo game today? Make sure to use the hashtag #GrowYourInsta and tag me @rebellenutrition on instagram to be featured!!